FROM MARCO’s DESK: On The Right Path
Marco Capicchioni, vice president of Facilities, Planning, Design and Construction, speaks with staff at the department's annual holiday luncheon in early December.
The Facilities, Planning, Construction and Design department has made significant progress toward completion of the University of Chicago Medicine’s key construction and development projects.
There is more work ahead and we will continue our steadfast pace to ensure the successful execution of each project. Here is a rundown of what is in store for 2016:
- A newly renovated Heart and Vascular Imaging Center (HVIC) that will provide patients with a much more modern space to receive imaging services;
- The new features of the infusion therapy clinic will allow patients to personalize their experience and the new supportive oncology suite will offer supplemental resources that will assist them in the management of their cancer;
- The kitchen expansion and build out of the third and fourth floors of the Center for Care and Discovery (CCD) will allow UChicago Medicine to serve the growing number of patients who have chosen to make this institution their health home;
- Expectant and new mothers will be able to give birth and in our new birth center and enjoy caring for their newborns in our newly remodeled post-partum suites; and
- The opening of the new Centers for Advanced Care in Chicago’s South Loop neighborhood and Orland Park will expand the UChicago Medicine footprint in the south and southwest suburbs.
I would like to thank all of our partners and project team members from across the organization for your leadership and guidance. The complexity of these projects requires the participation of many to work through the challenges that change from day-to-day. We are grateful for your dedication and commitment as we position UChicago Medicine for long-term growth and sustainability.
Lastly, thank you to all UChicago Medicine employees who have shared their comments about campus issues and the construction projects via our new email address, email@example.com. Your feedback sparked a call-to-action to ensure that we manage and mitigate campus related problems more efficiently.
It looks like 2016 is going to be an exciting but busy year.
Enjoy this issue of Building at the Forefront and Happy Holidays!
Request a Service
Our Operations teams ensure the safety, sustainability and efficiency of all our hospitals and facilities that we manage. Click on the links below to request a service or to learn more about Facilities Planning, Design and Construction.